- Return everything you borrow.
- Never be ashamed of who you are. If it must be changed, work for it. If not, fuck it.
- Respect everyone, no matter their opinions, personality, skin colour, sexuality, gender, job, friends, favourite type of sandwich. It doesn’t matter. When you respect others, they respect you back. If they don’t, don’t get down on their level.
- Be kind.
- Be gentle but agressive when necessary. Take a stand. Fight for what you believe in.
- When someone hugs you, let them be first to let go.
- Wear whatever the fuck you want.
- Don’t hate anyone. Hatred drains you and holds you back.
- Sing and dance freely and often. Alone. With friends. In the street. In the shower. Wherever and whenever.
- Create things. Write, paint, whatever floats your boat.
- Make time to read a good book. And not just the ones you must read; the ones you enjoy too.
- If a street performer makes you stop walking, maybe he deserves the reward.
- Keep the secrets people trust you with.
- Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
- Don’t dumb yourself down.
- Keep quiet if what you are going to say is neither useful or kind.
- Talk to the newbies.
- If you have a chance to do the right thing, do it.
- If you’ve made your point, shut up.
- Thank the bus driver.
- Know how to cook at least one good meal.
- Alone time is important.
- Don’t just wait for your turn to talk. Be a good listener.
- Don’t litter. The trash can is right there.
- You’re never too old to need your parents.
- How someone feels does not depend on other people. Someone can always have it worse, but that doesn’t invalidate how you feel.
Apr 20, 2018
26 Arbitrary Rules for a Better Life
Return everything you borrow. Never be ashamed of who you are. If it must be changed, work for it. If not, fuck it. Respect everyone,...
It's important to do things for you only and to build a stronger and healthier relationship with yourself. This is my Self Ca...